This past Saturday, we completed an epic Tour de Taco Ride through Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn. The ride itself was around 36 miles. Though nine stops were planned, we only made it to six taco joints – a pretty decent showing nonetheless. (See the list and map below.) Along the way each taco was rated on a scale of 1 -5 in the categories of tortilla, filling, guac and spices.
Personally I thought Tortilleria Mexicana Los Hermanos, a tortilla factory and taco place, killed the competition. Their tacos had the best marinated meat and a crispy soft taco shell. That combined with the ambiance of sitting in an actual factory, placed it high on many lists.
Once the Tour de Taco ratings are complied, I believe the winning taco joint will receive an award. We’ll keep you posted!
Here’s the list of taco places with the tour map below
01. Taqueria y Fonda – Amsterdam btwn 107th & 108th, Manhattan
02. Tortilleria Nixtamal – Corona, Queens
03. Papacitos – Greenpoint, BK
04. Tortilleria Mexicana Los Hermanos – Bushwick, BK
05. Tacos Matamoros – Sunset Park, BK
06. Tacos Nuevo Mexico – Park Slope, BK
View Larger Map